Here are some of the notes that were a part of Pastor Kevin's message on May 17th.
God takes on flesh and dwells with us.
“A theist believes in God. A Christian believes in God, but also in a God who is incarnate. What is the difference? To put the matter into street language, one might say: A theist believes in a God in heaven whereas a Christian believes in a God in heaven who is also physically present on this earth inside of human beings. . . ."
- Ronald Rolheiser
God defeats death and opens a new hope in how we may live.
- Where are there signs of resurrection in my life right now? What is dying? What needs to die?
- How am I being transformed and brought to life by God’s Holy Spirit?
- Where, maybe, am I resisting God’s Spirit?
- Where do I still cling to the old life, to old habits, which lead to death? (hopelessness)
God is deliberately working out His glory.
This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.
John 16: 13-14
But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. He will glorify me because it is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you.
Incarnation calls us to presence
– let us be willing to serve and to suffer
Resurrection calls us to hope
– let us be willing to live our life in faith and assurance
Ascension calls us to live in the Spirit
– let us minister unto the Glory of God God.